Silgan Plastic Food Containers is the world’s leading supplier of high-barrier plastic packaging for long shelf-life, ambient, microwaveable, convenience foods. We have a majority market share in the U.S. and export to over 18 countries around the globe.
Manages all technical aspects of the plant. Plan and coordinate activities regarding the design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in a manufacturing plant. Expected to create and maintain a stable, reliable manufacturing process through analysis of data and application of sound engineering practices.
- Provide training and development of maintenance employees to insure proper operations of assets to promote safe working conditions, increased efficiency and quality products.
- Lead projects resolving complex technical equipment issues to improve or resolve equipment downtime and efficiency issues.
- Support the Plant Manager to implement lean manufacturing principles to drive out waste. Build a culture of continuous improvement and establish programs to increase up time.
- Work with Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager coordinating activities for PM and major shutdowns, including awarding contracts, procuring materials, and sequencing of work.
- Monitor capital improvement projects and organize various qualification approvals to ensure achievement of objectives within required budget.
- Analyze equipment requirements and assist in requisition of all tools and equipment.
- Support plant operations by performing tasks around optimal safety, quality, and efficiency through plastics thermoforming, robotics, PLC programming, vision systems, and automation.