Controls/Automation Technician - Fort Smith, AR ($500 Sign-on bonus)Apply Now
We have an opening for a Controls/Automation Technician to assist the operations team in achieving our goals. Responsibilities include but not limited to: troubleshooting and repairs on manufacturing equipment, secondary equipment including vision systems, robotics, printers, PLC’s, etc. Also, assist with setups, changeovers, adjustments, and preventive maintenance.
Associate’s degree or technical degree with a minimum of three years of experience in industrial electrical/maintenance is required. Strong electrical skills and extensive knowledge of PLC’s and programming is required. Other qualities are self-motivated, self-starter, and disciplined to improve the efficiency of the production operation. Versatility is a must and be available for call-ins, shift work, nights, and/or weekends as needed since our facility operates 24/7.
$500.00 Sign-on bonus
- Inspect, maintain repair and overhaul electromechanical and solid state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
- Install new electrical and electronic equipment and electrical wiring according to the National Electrical Code and company electrical standards.
- Execute all programming, installation and changes on the plant floor including PLC, HMI and quality control equipment
- Maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems for plant facility and equipment. Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Responsible for equipment lockout/tagout procedures as mandated by company policy
- Safety tasks including Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- Operate Power Tools to fix electrical problems
- Read Electrical Blueprints and troubleshoot using a Multi meter
- Read Ladder Logic on a PLC and troubleshoot
- Replace PLC cards in PLC units
- Run conduit and size wiring for electrical projects
- Work on encoders and motors and variable frequency drives
- PLC programming and willingness to attend training as required
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on hydraulic systems including reading schematics
- Knowledge of pneumatics and repair skills
- Arc Flash awareness and knowledge
- 480v 3 phase power, motor starter wiring, circuit protection components maintenance
- Maintainer vision systems (Cognex Insight Explorer experience, or ability to learn/travel to training)
- Maintain robotic systems (Universal Robots experience, or ability to learn/travel to training)
- Medical, Health Savings account, Prescription program, Vision, two Dental plans
- Supplemental coverages (Hospital Indemnity, Accident & Critical Illness)
- Auto & home insurance
- Legal assistance
- Identity theft protection and Pet insurance
- 5 free coverages: Basic Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy, Short & Long-term disability and access to an Employee Assistance program
- We offer 401k
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Bonuses