The Fort Smith plant will be expanding in 2022 so if you are looking for a stable company with advancement opportunities, apply today! Silgan Plastic Food Containers is the world’s leading supplier of high-barrier plastic packaging for long shelf-life, ambient, microwaveable, convenience foods. We have a majority market share in the U.S. and export to over 18 countries around the globe. Material Handlers supply forming lines with necessary materials. Packages and warehouses product in accordance with customer specifications and/or written instructions.
- 12 hour shifts (7a-7p or 7p-7a) with every other weekend off.
- Supplies forming lines with raw material and packaging supplies
- Removes product from forming lines and printers
- Loads pallet onto empty tipper
- Completes inventory tags correctly and legibly
- Warehouses product in accordance with requirements
- Conducts all duties in accordance with plant safety requirements
- Maintains effective communications between shifts
- Responsible for food safety
- Works 12-hour shifts standing on concrete
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Go up steps periodically throughout the day
- Able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment
- Performs other duties required by the QMS, as assigned
- Previous Forklift experience required. Sit down experience a plus.
- Minimum of high school education, or equivalent
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off and lift up to 50 pounds; bending, standing, climbing and stooping
- Night shift is paid an additional $1.00 per hour